SASSA Pinetown. The South African government’s SASSA (South African Social Security Agency) distributes social assistance grants to qualified residents. Social assistance payments for needy people and families are administered and given out by the SASSA office there.
SASSA Pinetown Contact Details
43 Kings Road, Pinetown
Telephone 031 716 2626
Certain documents would be required and advised to ensure they have them to hand before visiting their nearest Sassa office:.
- ID document for self and spouse (where applicable)
- Proof of marital status (marriage certificate, divorce order, death certificate for spouse if widowed)
- Proof of address (utility bill; letter from landlord if renting; letter from councillor)
- Proof of income and assets of self and spouse (if married). This must include confirmation of income from any source – salary, interest on investments, rental income, profit from business or farming, maintenance and any other income.
- Proof of contributions for both self and spouse to income tax, medical aid, pension fund or UIF, if applicable
- 3 months bank statements for both self and spouse.